Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt, serving a five-year sentence at the Yerwada central prison in Pune was released early on Thursday morning.
The Bombay high court has questioned the extension of parole granted to actor Sanjay Dutt, convicted in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case.
Meanwhile, Yerawada Central Jail Superintendent Rajendra Dhamne said that some 53 accused have gone on indefinite hunger strike from Tuesday afternoon.
The accused also demanded the starting of contempt of court proceedings against those responsible for the leak. The narco-analysis test CD was not deposited with the court and therefore its telecast amounted to contempt of court, they said.
The most awaited trailer of the year has been released and it looks amazing.
A social activist has written a letter to Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis requesting him not to allow an 'early release' for actor Sanjay Dutt.
The Pune Police had moved the court Saturday for extension of the 90-day period for filing chargesheet against the five persons, citing fresh arrests in the case.
Merchant had arranged the finance for the blasts, and was also linked to conspirators Tiger Memon and Dawood Ibrahim.
The sea training also included 'how to fish', something that made Kasab think that 'he had got a job and he could earn a respectable living'.
An all-party delegation on Tuesday visited Kishtwar, which witnessed communal strife recently, and took stock of the situation as curfew remained in force in the trouble-torn district of the Jammu region for the 12th straight day.
The low-intensity blast in Pune on Friday that left five people injured was "prima facie" a terror attack, Maharashtra ATS said today and registered a case against unknown persons in connection with the incident.
Close on the heels of the release of actor Sanjay Dutt on parole to take care of his ailing wife, a similar relief has been extended to another 1993 bomb blast accused on the same ground.
'I wonder what Zaibunissa Kazi would feel if she saw the trailer for Sanju.' 'An effort that proves movies are made about celebrities who get away after committing a crime while poor souls like Zaibunissa rot all their lives in prison only for knowing a star like Sanjay Dutt,' says Syed Firdaus Ashraf.
The Delhi Police on Friday filed a charge sheet in a court against suspected top Indian Mujahideen operatives Tehsin Akhtar, Zia-Ur-Rahman and three others for allegedly setting up an illegal arms factory in the national capital from where a huge quantity of arms and ammunition were recovered.
The bomb that exploded in Pune last week was made by mixing ammonium nitrate with potassium chlorate and small ball bearings were used as shrapnels to inflict injuries, but there was no gelatin or RDX in it, Maharashtra Anti Terrorism Sqaud said on Thursday.
The Emergency greatly influenced the RSS' makeover from a fringe force in the Indian political imagination to one that could have its own man sworn in as prime minister in two decades' time. A riveting excerpt from Christophe Jaffrelot and Pratinav Anil's India's First Dictatorship: The Emergency, 1975-1977.
This is one of the many such cases that helped to create an acute fear psychosis among public sector bankers, reveals Tamal Bandyopadhyay in his fascinating new book Pandemonium: The Great Indian Banking Tragedy.
A low-intensity blast set off by an IED planted in a motorcycle parked in front of a police station in Pune on Thursday left three injured, including a constable, even as police did not rule out the possibility of involvement of a terror group in the incident.
A tug of war was witnessed in a Delhi court between the National Investigation Agency and the Special Cell of Delhi Police for seeking the custody of top Indian Mujahideen operatives Tehseen Akhtar and Zia-ur-Rehman alias Waqas.
Indian Mujahideen was planning to send letters "soaked with poison" to their targets to kill them, the Delhi Police has told a court here in its charge sheet filed against six suspected men of the terror outfit in a case of allegedly setting up an illegal arms factory in New Delhi.
The Delhi police has filed its charge sheet in a local court against Indian Mujahideen (co-founder Yasin Bhatkal and his associate Asadullah Akhtar for allegedly setting up an illegal arms factory in New Delhi from where huge quantity of arms and ammunition were recovered.